Here at Applegate Properties, we pride ourselves on being a traditional estate agency with a ‘modern’ twist – achieved thanks to our amazing team.
Each month, we want to shine the spotlight on a different member of staff, to find out a little bit more about what makes them tick!
Next up, it’s our sales advisor, Claire Loft…
1. How long have you worked at Applegate Properties?
Just four months!
2. What does your role involve?
I am part of the sales team, so my role involves arranging viewings, providing feedback from viewings, negotiating sales, keeping on top of the sale progression, and updating the buyer and seller every step of the way.
3. What’s the best part about your job?
Speaking to our lovely clients and applicants, and playing a part in the sale of their property or the purchase of their new home. When a sale completes and we can hand over the keys to happy people, it makes my day.
4. What’s your favourite property that Applegate has sold within the past 12 months?
31 Greenfield Road — it’s such a beautiful property and the owners have decorated it amazingly.
5. Tell us your biggest work achievement since starting with Applegate
This is my first experience working in the property sector — learning a new industry is a real achievement, and there are so many more things to discover every day.
6. Describe Applegate in three words
Positive, hardworking, honest.
7. What makes Applegate different to other estate agencies?
We are always just at the end of the telephone, and work hard to ensure everyone is happy, and any problems are resolved quickly and professionally.
8. What’s your top tip for selling/letting a home?
Always have a clean and tidy home when you’ve arranged viewings.
9. Tell us your favourite Holmfirth haunt
I have a few — The Stag, which offers the best cocktails and food, Catch, for unrivalled seafood, and The Picturedrome, because I love going to see live music!
10. Which one word would your colleagues use to describe you?