A New Job Opportunity Available at our Holmfirth Branch - Business Support Administrator
Job Title: Business Support Administrator
Responsible to: The Office Manager/Managing Director
Purpose of job:
- To provide a comprehensive range of administrative support services to the Applegate Properties team including support to the Managing Director.
- The post holder requires excellent organisational skills, must be flexible and able to consistently demonstrate a high professional approach.
- The post holder requires excellent grammar, written and proof reading skills with a high level of attention to detail.
Main tasks of job:
- Monitor the Applegate Properties email account, distributing as appropriate to the team.
- Monitor the Applegate Properties voicemail account and respond appropriately to the messages left.
- Assist in the preparation of property brochures with a high degree of accuracy including editing photographs and property descriptions.
- Undertake word processing and email correspondence as required .e.g. letters, brochures and reports.
- Liaise with the team members and coordinate booking of venues for meetings and training events.
- Collect incoming mail, monitor and distribute to the team. Record all incoming mail in the relevant system. Prepare external mail and ensure posted to deadline.
- Utilise all IT systems accurately and effectively.
- Collate, order and distribute stationery requisitions.
- Carry out basic data entry function.
- Assist in the disposal and archive process for confidential and non-confidential documents.
- Assist in the office management processes and procedures as defined by the Office Manager/Managing Director.
- The post holder may be required to vary hours of work in agreement with the Office Manager to support the requirements of the team and in response to workload. This may include a requirement to work on a Saturday on occasion.
- Support Sales and Lettings colleagues in sending, monitoring and collecting legal documents, obtaining I.D., and taking payments in a timely manner to meet a deadline.
- Scanning, photocopying, shredding and faxing documents.
- Producing minutes of meetings and preparing agenda to a deadline.
- Contribute to the team effort.
- Liaising with colleagues, Managers and external customers/clients to ensure the above tasks are completed effectively.
- Where it is a requirement of the job for the job holder to use computers or other information technology, he/she will be required to ensure that security procedures are followed as appropriate and that confidential information for example, passwords, are not communicated to unauthorised individuals.
- All employees are required to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- To undertake any such additional duties that is reasonably commensurate with the level of this post.
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation
Experience, Knowledge, Skills etc:
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word or similar
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Ability to prioritise and organise your workload and meet deadlines ensuring own work is of a high quality, accurate and timely
- Able to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers at all levels
- Able to show flexibility and initiative
- Educated to GCSE standard, or equivalent in English and Maths, Grade C or above
- Experience of working in a professional environment
- Experience of operating efficient office systems
- Understanding, knowledge and experience of using social media.
- European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL)
- Is courteous and polite when interacting with customers and colleagues.
- Passes on information accurately and promptly.
- Listens carefully to others and asks questions for clarification.
- Writes fluently and succinctly using appropriate style.
- Adopts a clear and professional telephone manner.
- Deals with confidential or sensitive issues discreetly.
- Presents a positive and professional image of self and Applegate Properties when communicating
- Is open and honest when communicating with others
- Respects others’ time by being punctual.
- Demonstrate an ability to develop and maintain positive and co-operative working relationships
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement in working practices
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £14 - £20k dependent on the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
Application process: Please email CV (including telephone number) along with covering letter to email@example.com with the subject: Business Support Administrator