25th Jul, 2019
Here at Applegate Properties, we pride ourselves on being a traditional estate agency with a 'modern' twist - achieved thanks to our amazing team. Each month, we want to shine the spotlight on a different member of staff, to find out a little bit more about what makes them tick!
Next up it's Laura Townson, our lettings manager...
1. Describe your role in less than 100 words:
I help run the lettings department, which sees me overseeing the whole process from start to finish. I work alongside landlords and tenants to keep them up-to-date at all times until their moving-in date, as well as source suitable new renters, when needed.
In addition, I put houses on the market, and manage our large property portfolio - including maintenance - and ensure everything complies with current legislations.
2. How long have you worked at Applegate Properties?
Since December 2016 - time flies when you're having fun!
3. What's your favourite part of your role?
Putting properties - new and existing - on the market and meeting all of our lovely clients.
4. What one word would your colleagues use to describe you?
5. Which three words would you use to describe Applegate?
Personal, professional and welcoming.
6. Why does Applegate stand out from its competitors?
We are a fully licensed, unique estate agent with a forward-thinking approach.
7. If you could sell one celebrity home, whose would it be and why?
Paul O'Grady - just so I could meet all of his dogs!
8. Do you have a favourite property which has been sold, since working at Applegate?
It was a beautiful property in HD9, which had lots of windows and a centred log burner in the open plan space downstairs.
9. What's your top tip for letting a home?
I think a few of my colleagues may have already said this, but keep it neutral! This allows tenants to add a pop of colour with their accessories and put their own stamp on it, which will make it feel more like their own home.
10. Tell us your favourite spot to visit in Holmfirth:
Bloc - the food is delicious!
Please enter your details below for us to review and make contact with you
Please enter your details below so that we can keep you up to date