Meet Gwen Kaye – Applegate’s Lettings Account Manager
Here at Applegate Properties, we pride ourselves on being a traditional estate agency with a ‘modern’ twist – achieved thanks to our amazing team. Each month, we want to shine the spotlight on a different member of staff, to find out a little bit more about what makes them tick!
Next up it’s Gwen Kaye, our lettings account manager…
1. Describe your role in less than 100 words:
The bulk of my job involves collecting rent and paying landlords. Therefore, I deal with all aspects of this process, from ensuring bonds and client money are secure, and dealing with ‘check-in’ and ‘check-out’ of tenancies, to allocating contractor invoices and arranging payments.
2. How long have you worked at Applegate Properties?
I started towards the end of 2013, so seven years now!
3. What’s your favourite part of your role?
Knowing that thanks to me, client money is reconciled to the penny!
4. What one word would your colleagues use to describe you?
5. Which three words would you use to describe Applegate?
Proactive, thorough and happy.
6. Why does Applegate stand out from its competitors?
We deliver high-quality customer service, always with a smile on our faces.
7. If you could sell one celebrity home, whose would it be and why?
Elvis Presley! I visited Graceland a couple of summers ago and loved it – so I’d have to choose this.
8. Do you have a favourite property which has been sold, since working at Applegate?
There are so many, so it’s difficult to pinpoint just one. I tend to always love the old cottages.
9. What’s your top tip for letting a home?
Stay neutral! This gives tenants and vendors the opportunity to make their own mark on a property.
10. Tell us your favourite spot to visit in Holmfirth:
Bloc in Holmfirth for coffee and cake!