Our managing director and founder, Amy Wray chatted with Andrew Palmer of Yorkshire Times to answer 12 quickfire ‘one word’ questions as part of the festive Q&A series.
In case you missed the original article, you can catch up below…
Year after year, our festive spotlights prove very popular on our business pages. So, our Advent calendar of businesspeople is once again back for 2021! For each day of Advent during December, we’ll be putting a notable name from across the region through their paces.
Next up, it’s Amy Wray, managing director and founder of Applegate Properties…
1. Sum up 2021 for your business, in one word
2. And a word that summarises how you expect 2022 to pan out?
3. What’s the one word from this year you’re sick of hearing?
4. And the one you hope to hear more of in the 12 months ahead?
5. Which business has impressed you this year?
Robinson King Interiors.
6. If you could have one present for Christmas what would it be?
7. What’s the best Christmas gift you’ve ever bought for someone else?
An enormous box of crisps — which was very well received!
8. What do you think is the most under-rated thing on your Christmas dinner plate?
9. How many people will be around your table on Christmas day?
10. And which word would you use to sum up the ambience?
11. Your favourite Christmas tipple?
12. And a message to your friends, family, colleagues and peers as they welcome in 2022? (you can have more than one word for this one!)
Try to create a life you can’t wait to wake up to. Utilise love, not hate. Explore and process the positives. And finally, set your intentions and work hard to not waste a single day.