Here at Applegate Properties, we pride ourselves on being a traditional estate agency with a ‘modern’ twist – achieved thanks to our amazing team.
Each month, we want to shine the spotlight on a different member of staff, to find out a little bit more about what makes them tick!
Next up, it’s business support administrator, Rebecca Stead…
1. How long have you worked at Applegate Properties?
Since May 2017, so over three and a half years now!
2. What does your role involve?
I am mainly responsible for helping put houses on the market, to be sold and let — along with working closely with our managing director as her personal assistant.
3. What’s the best part about your job?
I love it when we receive the images for a property, which we then collate to create a brochure. Often when I am in initial contact with the vendor over the phone, I haven’t actually seen the house, so it’s nice to see what it looks like!
4. What’s your favourite property that Applegate has sold within the past 12 months?
Personally I love all of the pretty cottages we have sold, because they have bags of character and they’re the type of house I would buy myself.
5. Tell us your biggest work achievement since starting with Applegate
Becoming integrated into the team – everyone is so friendly and helpful in regards to both work and personal life.
6. Describe Applegate in three words
Passionate, professional and caring.
7. What makes Applegate different to other estate agencies?
The customer service is key. Everyone in the office builds very good, personal relationships with all the vendors, buyers, landlords and tenants to ensure we deliver the best service. We genuinely care about each individual!
8. What’s your top tip for selling/letting a home?
Try to spruce up and declutter your home before anyone comes to view it. You want people to be able to imagine themselves living there, so create a nice clear and clean space for them to do just that.
9. Tell us your favourite Holmfirth haunt
Magic Rock and Mezze – I can’t wait for them to reopen!
10. Which one word would your colleagues use to describe you?