Here at Applegate Properties, we pride ourselves on being a traditional estate agency with a ‘modern’ twist – achieved thanks to our amazing team.
Each month, we want to shine the spotlight on a different member of staff, to find out a little bit more about what makes them tick!
Next up, it’s our lettings advisor, Hannah Lachman…
1. How long have you worked at Applegate Properties?
Since mid-April this year.
2. What does your role involve?
My role as lettings advisor is to hold viewings for all available rental properties, liaise with tenants and landlords, assist with maintenance where necessary, add listings to the website, attend inspections, and generally be the ‘right-hand man’ to Grace Noke, our lettings manager.
3. What’s the best part about your job?
I would say giving someone the good news that they’ve secured the property that they wanted and seeing how happy it makes them.
4. What’s your favourite property that Applegate has sold/rented within the past 12 months?
It’s got to be the one I’ve just bought through Applegate Properties — a little cottage in Scholes. I fell in love with the property when I attended the first viewing and I made it my mission to buy it with my partner — fingers crossed we’ll be getting our keys in November!
5. Tell us your biggest work achievement since starting with Applegate
This role is my first step into the property industry, and I feel like I’ve already learned so much over the past six months — I’d consider this a huge achievement and I can’t wait to build up my knowledge and progress my career with Applegate Properties.
6. Describe Applegate in three words.
Passionate, enthusiastic, and determined.
7. What makes Applegate different to other estate agencies?
We’re proactive — keeping landlords and tenants in the loop every step of the way. We don’t like leaving anyone in the dark and want to keep everyone happy — I think we manage that!
8. What’s your top tip for selling/letting a home?
Make sure it looks inviting — with a homely, cosy interior that will draw people in and help them to imagine themselves living there.
9. Tell us your favourite Holmfirth haunt
I love Catch Seafood – it’s my absolute favourite.
10. Which one word would your colleagues use to describe you?
I would like to say ‘organised’.