Here at Applegate Properties, we pride ourselves on being a traditional estate agency with a ‘modern’ twist – achieved thanks to our amazing team. Each month, we want to shine the spotlight on a different member of staff, to find out a little bit more about what makes them tick!
First up it’s Amy Wray, our MD…
1. Describe your role in less than 100 words:
I have a very hands-on role at Applegate, and it’s extremely varied. As well as being a valuer and sales and letting advisor, I also take the lead on recruitment – ensuring we hire the best talent available – and HR.
Each of my days are different, and I love that!
2. How long have you worked at Applegate Properties?
Since it was founded by me, in 2010!
3. What’s your favourite part of your role?
It has to be the people I work with – I enjoy meeting new clients and helping them to find their perfect home.
4. What one word would your colleagues use to describe you?
Enthusiastic and driven – sorry that’s two.
5. Which three words would you use to describe Applegate?
Different, exceptional and ethical.
6. Why does Applegate stand out from its competitors?
We put our customers at the heart of everything we do, and the service we provide them absolutely has to be of the highest quality. Anything from answering the phone promptly, to always keeping in touch with buyers and sellers – we genuinely care about our clients.
7. If you could sell one celebrity home, whose would it be and why?
This is a difficult one – there are too many to pick from!
8. Do you have a favourite property which has been sold, since working at Applegate?
Yes! It was an old cottage in a remote location. It needed a lot of work doing to it, but I could imagine myself living there by the stream, and my children playing in the garden.
9. What’s your top tip for selling/letting a home?
Ensure your space is clean and tidy. It doesn’t have to look like a show home, but the less clutter you have the easier it is for someone to picture what it would be like to live there.
10. Tell us your favourite spot to visit in Holmfirth:
It has to be Mezze, the Greek tapas restaurant – the food and wine are delicious.